The OF Blog: Things to do (maybe) this weekend

Friday, November 21, 2014

Things to do (maybe) this weekend

This month has been a complete trainwreck when it comes to completing any reviewing goals, as I've reviewed only 10 books so far this month.  Much of the blame goes to the kidney stone pain and surgery prep/recovery, as there were several days where I didn't have the energy to do anything other than make short blog posts like this one.  Currently, I'm battling a slight viral infection, likely due to a weakened immune system after the past week's surgery and medications, that has sapped me of energy (I've actually slept more than 8 hours each of the past two days - about 1.5-2 hours more than usual - and I am still more tired than usual).

I have managed, however, to read 140 of the 161 books I have listed on the Upcoming 2014 Releases I Want to Read.  I have few worries about reading every book listed there (might add a handful to the list, but that's uncertain).  However, I still have 51 reviews to write if I'm going to review every one of those books.  That might prove to be unmanageable.  Won't know for another couple of weeks.  If so, I might just write summary-style reviews of the majority of those and traditional reviews of the rest.  I'm undecided on that right now.  What I do know is that I have two hardcover books that arrived today (Brian Francis Slattery's The Family Hightower and Lin Enger's The High Divide) that I plan on reading this weekend.  Maybe reviews will follow shortly.  Depends on my recovery speed from this virus, which has left me with flu-like symptoms, minus the fever.

As with everything these days, time will tell.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites