The OF Blog: The OF Blog Turns 7 Today

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The OF Blog Turns 7 Today

Although I've written more important things related to this earlier this year, I thought I'd note for those that don't keep up with these things that I started this blog on August 25, 2004.  Now that I'm on the downward slope of visibility due to a change of interests and my refusal to march to the rhythm of the Pied Piper of the New Shiny, it is interesting to see how things I used to care about just don't matter as much and that things that I barely dared to dream of (such as being offered the chance to help edit an anthology – the aborted Best American Fantasy 4 – or to translate short stories for publication later this year) are about to become a concrete reality for me.

Where do I go from here?  Well, expect a few new things in the coming months that will be revealed in their due time.  There will probably be some pleasant surprises in store as well, as well as a few downspells.  Shall be fun to discover each of these and to promote books and authors that might be too weird or too off the bog standard publisher ARC distributions to get coverage at most review blogs these days.  After all, isn't that the main appeal of this blog now that I don't cover most of the books that certain other blogs do?

4 comments:

Todd said...

Congrats on 7 years!

Matthew Cheney said...

7 is a fabulous age, congratulations! It's 122 in squirrel years!

Bibliotropic said...

Happy slightly belated blog birthday. I'm impressed that you've kept this up for so long; it's a real achievement! Here's to many more years or literary goodness!

Gabriele Campbell said...

Happy Bloggiversary.

Your blog is a few months older than mine (and a fixed feature on my blogroll), and I sometimes feel like a methusalem of blogging with all those new ones popping up left and right. :)

 
Add to Technorati Favorites