The OF Blog: 232 in 231

Monday, August 18, 2008

232 in 231

Cleaning up a few things before I go to bed. Decided to count the books I've bought, received as gifts, or received as review copies this year (not counting duplicates). The total to date is 232 books. Tomorrow, August 19, will be the 232nd day of the year. Needless to say, it was a bit of a coincidence and I guess I ought to add that while I do buy lots of books any given year now (usually 50-100), the vast majority of these books are review copies that I receive. Somehow, I doubt I'll end the year with 366 new books, but a guy can dream, no?

3 comments:

Mihai A. said...

Really nice number :)
When I got home I had 10 packages waiting for me and when I looked on my library, no space :( And the books stay already on three rows. I definitely have to find a solution.

Larry Nolen said...

The solution is simple - buy more bookcases ;)

Mihai A. said...

Thanks Larry, but there lies the problem, no space for more bookcases (maybe one or two) :D

 
Add to Technorati Favorites